Stakeholders – Industry, Governments, and academia, should all have a role to play to determine the best governance approaches to AI.
In this session, we will talk with decision makers from Croatian government, agencies, and businesses on the next steps to open public data infrastructure, enable R&D friendly legal framework, and position Croatia within the EU.
- Croatian digital strategy – TOMISLAV ĆORIĆ, minister, Ministry of Economy and Sustainable Development (to be confirmed)
- Croatian AI Landscape – premier presentation of the research (state of AI in Croatia) – HAJDI ĆENAN, vice president, CroAI
- Panel discussion: New technology and evolution of the State – From market-based approaches to regulation, all stakeholders should engage in the coming years to manage the technology’s economic and social impact. PARTICIPANTS/REPRESENTATIVES– Central State Office for the Development of Digital Society, Ministry of Regional Development and EU Funds, Academy, CroAI, Microsoft, the EU.
From North to South and East to West, countries and international organizations are establishing strategies and initiatives regarding artificial intelligence. We are gathering some of them to hear their plans so we can compare, learn, and look for cooperation chances.
- European AI Alliance – DANIEL ABBOU, General manaegr at KI Bundesverband (German AI Association)
- South Africa – LAVINA RAMKISSON, All Things AI, Africa advisor, African trend influencer, AI strategist
- Israel – prof.dr.sc. ISAAC BEN ISRAEL, Chairman at Israel Space Agency
- Sweden – KYE ANDERSSON, Strategist for Major Impact Initiatives at AI Sweden, the Swedish national AI Center
- Serbia –MANJA BOGICEVIC, Founder & CEO at Kagera.ai
10 selected AI early-stage startups will have the opportunity to pitch in front of the jury of high-profile corporates and investors.
Each one will get 3 minutes to impress a jury and 5 minutes to answer their questions. Best three will get a special recognition.
Facebook approach – AI Governance, Ethics and Research (LIVE from Facebook HQ, San Francisco)
Norberto Andrade, Global Policy Lead for Digital and AI Ethics